My sister Amanda is 17 and the youngest girl in my family. She had a seizure yesterday (this is the first time it's ever happened and just came out of the blue) and she fell and hit her head very very hard. She is in ICU right now and they are watching her closely to make sure she doesn't have ano...ther one. She had an almost seizure when they were doing the CAT scan and so they worry that she may start to have them in the future. She has some bleeding and swelling in the brain and it'll take at least a week to two weeks to see if there is any kind of brain damage. It was scary, she could barely make a sentence and what she did say didn't make any sense and this was close to 9 hours after it happened. I was so afraid, there had been incidents in the past where she had made bad choices and had landed in the hospital for being a typical teenager but this was just so random it caught all of us by surprise.
My sister refused to see my parents and being 17, she had complete control over that. I was asked by my mom to go to the hospital and see if I could get some kind of information from her after being paid a visit by the friend that she was with when this happened earlier that evening. I was able to get through immediately and surprised her when I walked into her room. She seemed content to see me and didn't object to me being there so that made me happy. I was able to convince her after spending an hour there to at least let our mom talk with the doctors. My parents had been waiting for 3 hours and no one even knew they were there or would provide them even the slighest bit of information. My mom being a nurse had a million questions about her condition especially when they told me that she had to be taken to ICU and keep for observation for at least another day. I know my mom felt a million times better after talking to the doctors but I know that my sisters rejection hurt her deeply.
Right now she is at home resting comfortably with my mom watching over her and taking care of her while my dad works for the next two days. I'm glad she at least didn't fight that arrangement though I know she doesn't mind missing a few days of school.
For some reason the blog is being dumb and won't let me add a picture of her so I decided to add this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2109405&l=55512ab92c&id=506098524
No comments:
Post a Comment