Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something New

I haven't updated for a while because I've lacked motivation and my life has been kind of boring lately. With today being Thursday, there are only two weeks left until Thanksgiving and I am for the first time rather excited about the Holiday. We will be spending this Thanksgiving with my new family (Chris's brother Nick, Sister in Law Koren, the adorable kids Ethan, Reagan and Jordan and Chris's mom) and I'm looking forward to seeing how other people celebrate and doing something completely different.

Right now I am pretty much done with Jace's christmas shopping, he honestly doesn't really want anything for Christmas except a drum set but i've already said no way to that one. So far I've already gotten a few things for others but I still have quite a long way to go. I am happy to report however that I have seen the Target black friday ad and wasn't very impressed by it. I don't see anything that's worth getting up at the crack of dawn for so I can happily check that off the list (now just onto Walmart, Toysrus and Ikea). I'm hoping the rest of the stores sales are equally as boring so I can sleep in :)


Right now the topics at work, and what seem to be everywhere are Weddings and Babies. Common enough topics but they bug the crap out of me right now. I'm tried of hearing that this brand new person is pregnant when I am not able to join them until later next year, if it even happens then. So needless to say I'm a little bitter about everyone having babies right now but at the same time i'd rather stand out when i'm pregnant instead of being just one of many. I think i'm really just impatient, I can't even get pregnant right now because of the shot but i'm just so excited it's bugging me, I just have to wait 7 more months!

Brandie and I were talking about weddings yesterday since she is getting married next year and hearing all the planning and how much work it is and how expenses are distributed makes me feel like I'm about to go into shock. I like the idea of a wedding but I don't want to plan it and I don't want to pay for it, I'd love for it to just happen out of thin air. At this point I know it'll most likely be at a camp (something affiliated with ODS, since that is how we met) and it'll be in the fall. I may consider Camp Howard more since we met there and they have a Chapel but that, the color scheme and the fact that it will be a fall wedding is really all I've thought about or decided on.

No comments:

Post a Comment